Dinghy sailing course for beginners in SiracusaDinghy sailing course for beginners. Eight lessons of three hour each. Request to Book
- ITA - EN
- Min: 1 Person
Escape from the city and live an extraordinary sea experience!
Sicilying has arranged a dinghy sailing course for beginners. The aim is to teach you how to manage a sailing boat on the high seas.
The course, divided in 8 lessons (at least 2 lessons per week), will take place on-and-off board. Each lesson will last about 3 hours.
You will attend short lectures, practice manoeuvres exercises, and at the end you will be awarded with the IVF diploma.
Upon booking you will have to choose the first lesson. The next ones will be agreed with the school .
- The hull: different types of hulls and its components.
- Equipment and manoeuvres: mast, rigging, cables, nodes, blocks and tackles. - The wing: parts of the wing, wing shape, the reef, running rigging, types of wings.
- Terminology: rest and luff, upwind and downwind, tack and gybe, starboard tack and left, tacking.
- Point of sails: In irons, close hauled, reaching, running downwind
- Managing a sail boat: control of the wings, buoyancy control, ship stirring control. Manoeuvres: hauling the wind, bearing away, tacking and gybe.
Dinghy sailing course recommended for beginners.
Eight group lessons (2 lessons per week) of about 3 hours each.
Sea trips of about 3 hours along the coast of Siracusa. Boats, FIV membership card and lessons run by federal instructors.
Everything that is not specified in the "include"
Recommended equipment: boat shoes and waxed jacket.
The Sailing School is located at the following address: Porto Grande - Molo Zanagora, Syracuse.
It is required an advanced payment amounting to 30% of the total price. Balance must be paid by bank transfer or by cash the day when the course begins.
In order to attend the course you must be able to swim and submit a medical certificate attesting good health for non-competitive recreational sports. Minimum age limit: 14 years.
When booking you are requested to indicate the date you want to start your first lesson. The next ones will be agreed with the school . You will be able to enrol in this course at any time. In case the lessons have already started, you will be given individual lessons to quickly reach the level of the other students.