Marzamemi: Extreme diving in the south of SicilyUnderwater diving in discovery of natural walls and ancient caves in a micro-System of Mediterranean flora and fauna. Request to Book
- ITA - EN
- Min: 1 Person
Sicily viewed from the sea is an experience difficult to describe. The coast that stretches from Syracuse until the very tip of the island, in Portopalo, is of extraordinary beauty, wild and untouched, like a piece of Africa, but in Italy.
Meeting at Marzamemi port. After preparing all the equipment and a short initial briefing we will head to the site of the dive on board a boat. We usually use a BWA 8.40m super diving. Once at the site of the dive, it's time to put on the equipment and with a backward dive your underwater tour has begun!
The dive will last about 45 minutes.
Some of the sites we will visit (depending on the dive site we will require you to have either an Open or Advanced patent):
- the Oasis of Vendicari (Open).
- Roman columns (Open): archaeological site of the remains of objects that were being transported on a shipwrecked boat in the 3rd Century, approximately 1 mile from the coast.
- Christ of the Abyss (Advanced): a statue of 1.5m at a depth of 27m as a memorial to a dear friend, emblem of the little village of Pachino.
- Lobster shoal (Advanced): 30 metre wall rich with Mediterranean fauna including many varieties of lobsters.
- Colombe's Water (Open): classic dive to the bottom (9-10m) which gives you all the pleasures of the underwater world: colours, passes under rock arches and unique fauna.
- Panettoni of the Castle Tafuri (Open): beneath the Tafuri Castle and the Tonnara of Portopalo there is a secret beauty: Panettoni of rocks that emerge from the clear sand.
- Maltese Cave (Open): a bell-shaped cave with 2 entrances.
- Shrimp Grotto: the name hints at who resides in this place - populated with shrimps. Within the cave there is an air bubble in which it is possible to remove regulator and breathe.
- Bones Grotto (Open): semi-submerged cave. At the end of the cave you can find fossilised bones in the rock.
Guided dive with a certified ISDA guide.
Cylinder and sinker.
Everything that is not specified in the "include".
GAV, Octopus regulator, wetsuit, flippers and mask (extras).
Touristic Port of Marzamemi, Pontile Nautilus, Contrada Porto Fossa, Marzamemi (Syracuse).
To make a reservation a prepayment of 20% of the total is required. The outstanding balance must be paid in cash or by credit card on the day.
Depending on the site of the dive, you will be required to have either the Open or Advanced patent. Before diving, you shall undersign a form declaring your good health conditions, suitable for recreational undersea activities. All minors should have the authorisation of the at least one of their parents or legal guardian. In the case of adverse weather conditions which do not allow for the carrying out of the tour, you will be able to arrange another date/time directly with the organiser.
The deposit paid upon booking is not refundable under any circumstances.
Diving Siracusa holidays - Organize a Sport & Adventure tour in Sicily and discover the fantastic offers of Diving on sicilying.comscuba diving
Ti piace questa offerta?